Monday, November 2, 2015

God Has a Plan

(from October 11)

Hi everyone! I hope you are doing well :-)

One thing I learned is that God molds and modifies people in order to fulfill his purposes. I used to be fluent in two things: French and sarcasm. Now I can do neither without extensive headaches and thought. So I don't even try anymore...I wasn't called to speak either of those. I'm happy to be learning Japanese and the language of the Spirit. They keep me more than busy!  My companion think she's curing me of sarcasm. I'm not sure any human being could eliminate that part of my personality. Therefore, it must be the hand of God. It's all part of the plan!

This week we taught lessons to an investigator named Danjo. He has been taught by the missionaries before, but never wanted to be baptized. We felt that the Lord wanted us to try teaching him. So we taught him out of the Book of Mormon starting at First Nephi chapter 1, reading with him and talking about what it said. He made a lot of good connections and seem to understand very well! However when we challenged him to be baptized, it was clear that he is not ready. We are sad that he is not getting baptized now, but know that God has a plan for him, as He does for all of us.

Probably the hardest thing I did this week was bike up the mountain to a hospital. Oh the irony. By the time we got there, I thought I was going to die. But I stayed on my bike the whole time and did not have to walk. Because I did it once, I know I can do it every time we go up to the hospital. I know that as we work hard and accomplish hard things, our faith increases. We can always receive God's help for whatever problem or situation we may be facing. I received God's help this week in a lot more than just biking up a mountain.

In other news, I am developing the "the second stomach" that is common among the missionaries. On Saturday, the members fed us lunch, a huge dinner, and then an investigator took us out for ramen. I thought I might explode, but it was actually quite delicious! We don't get fed by the members very often, but when it rains it pours!

The biggest blessing of this week was to watch General Conference. From General Conference, I received answers to a lot of the questions I had and some questions I didn't know I had. I know that the profit, Thomas S Monson, was called by Jesus Christ to lead the church today. The prophets and apostles are guided by God to know how to help the members of the church. One of the major themes I noticed was love. I think in every talk, the speaker mentioned love. I felt the love of God as I listened to the general authority speak. I know that as we follow their counsel, we will give and receive love in our lives and be happier!

Pray always that you may come off conquer! God loves you and has a plan for you! I say this to people countless times every day, but it never loses its meaning. I hope that each of us will take time to ponder and reflect on the meaning of that message. I know that as we do, our lives will have more meaning and direction, and we will be able to conquer the challenges that come up in our lives. I love you all!

Sister Janette Jorgensen
Japan Fukuoka Mission
9-16 Hiraozyosuimachi, Chuo-ku
Fukuoka, Fukuoka
Japan 810-0029

No comments:

Post a Comment