Monday, November 2, 2015

Best of Both Worlds

(from October 18)

Hi everyone! I don't have a ton of time today - lots to do today! I am happy my birthday is on Pday because I get to do shopping and and fun things during the day, and then go out and do dendo (missionary work) at night. Thank you for all the birthday wishes, mail, and love. Sending it all right back at you!

This week, we went to another city to have interviews with President. It was so nice to talk with him about how I have progressed over the past two months in Japan. I can't believe I passed my four-month mark! Time really does fly when you're having fun. At the same time, I can't believe it's only been four months. It seems like I have been a missionary forever.

We are working to build relationships with church members here, and find more people to teach. The days are long, and sometimes we don't talk to very many people, but I know that the Lord blesses those who try hard and are obedient to him. In life, whether we want to find people to teach, get a good grade on a test, or just make it through the day, we can all receive help! I encourage all of you every day to pray and ask God to help. Even missionaries to be reminded of that sometimes. I received yet another reminder this week.

We continue to see miracles from our obedience and diligence. I love this area and the people with whom I associate every day! This is the work and gospel of Jesus Christ! If you want to know how I feel, read Ammon's story in Alma 26. I loved studying Alma this week. I was reminded that even though God is all-powerful and doesn't need anything from us, He chooses us to allow us to help him and have our own experiences. It's a whole lot more work for Him, but He does it out of love. What a blessing!

Alma 32:26-41. Experiment upon the word! I love you!

Sister Janette Jorgensen
Japan Fukuoka Mission
9-16 Hiraozyosuimachi, Chuo-ku
Fukuoka, Fukuoka
Japan 810-0029

No comments:

Post a Comment