Thursday, December 31, 2015

Little America

(November 8)
Hi everyone, hope you're doing well! Guess what, I transferred! I was sad to leave Beppu, but after my fourteen-hour travel day to here in Iwakuni, it instantly became home. My new companions are Sister Welte (Vegas) and Sister Klein (CA). It's very uncommon to work in a trio, but I'm really excited! So far, it's been a lot of fun. They are both angels, and I know I will learn a lot from them. 

In Iwakuni is a military base, which has its own branch. We attend this branch every week, so after months in Japanese, yesterday I sang hymns, took the sacrament, and did three hours of church in English! It was weird, let me tell you, but I loved it! So many cute little kids and families. It reminded me of the church in Jacksonville where my dad grew up. Since we have so many members on base, we went a couple times this week. Hello, America! They still drive on the left side of the road, but everything is in dollars and there are things like Costco and blond people there. 

I was a little apprehensive at first, worrying I'll lose my Japanese, but I know the Lord wants me here serving, and when He wants me somewhere else speaking some other language, that's where I'll be. Fortunately, we also work with quite a few Japanese people, and we even teach a free Japanese class on base! It really is the best of both worlds. I'm also looking forward to Thanksgiving a lot more than I was last week :)

This week, I am ponderizing 3 Nephi 13:22 (compare Matt. 6:22). In my study of 3 Nephi this week, I feel so much love from the Lord. I know that Jesus Christ did appear to the people of ancient America and establish His church on both continents. Because God loves us, He always provides a way for us to access salvation and eternal happiness. Amidst ups and downs, we truly can find comfort and purpose as we turn to God. I know it!

Have the best week! I love you!

Sister Janette Jorgensen
Japan Fukuoka Mission
9-16 Hiraozyosuimachi, Chuo-ku
Fukuoka, Fukuoka
Japan 810-0029

No comments:

Post a Comment