Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Welcome Aboard!

Hello from Sasebo! It is a beautiful area full of hills and nature and nice people! It was so so sad to leave Fujisaki and Sister Cox and investigators, etc., but I am happy to be here! I got to speak in the military branch and Japanese branch yesterday. I feel like now that I know the members here, I understand more who I'm working for/with. 

We had a lesson with Naomi, a single mother of an adorable six year old. She is sweet and I think will be able to progress really well! Thankfully, a member took us to the lesson in her car - the rains were coming down and the floods coming up yesterday! It was really funny to watch the Japanese ward council react to the loud thunder and lightning - normally composed, professional people, shrieking and clinging to their chairs at every crack. Hilarious. 

Sister Shibayama is amazing! Her English is really good, but she is teaching me Kansai-ben (the dialect they use on radio/tv/in Osaka). It's so fun! We also bonded over her first pop tart on a couch one of the US Navy members brought us. I'm really excited to work with her and the rest of the Nagasaki zone this transfer!

I might be worried about coming home fat with all the American food in our apartment, but I'm not because going any place in this area is a long bike ride and hills for days. 

Love you all! Have a great week!

Sister Janette Jorgensen
Japan Fukuoka Mission
9-16 Hiraozyosuimachi, Chuo-ku
Fukuoka, Fukuoka
Japan 810-0029



My desk was decorated :)

Just - it's so beautiful! And you probably look at it and go "that's nice, very pretty" but if you think about getting to this point one pedal at a time in the hot August sun, you appreciate the view a lot more. And so it is with life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment